Skip back to main navigation
DRS Data & Research Services Intranet
- Company Intranet content was out of date and therefore not used.
- Information was organised in a way which reflected historic responsibilities. If you didn’t know the history of company and its changes it was difficult to find information.
- It was not easy to update content.
- The design and layout were different for each department’s section giving a disjointed user experience.
- The company’s Staff Handbook was print-only and updates had to be printed and circulated to all staff.
- Company news was not fully integrated with the intranet and internal communication was negatively affected.
- Requirements analysis with department managers and company directors.
- Structured staff interviews, questionnaire design.
- Information Architecture (card sorting, paper-based hierarchy testing)
- User Journey flows
- Graphic Design and front end web page build (HTML and CSS)
- Content production
- Collaboration with HR to re-format the Staff Handbook to web format
- Set up Intranet testing group including a staff representative from each department who took part in design exercises throughout project.
- Project completed to agreed deadlines with Project Manager and Technical Director
- Centralised knowledge management and information sharing by providing a new information architecture and design, online news, an online staff handbook and an up to date area for each department.