Online internal newsletter 2004-05
- Internal news was not shared effectively so staff did not know what was current in the company.
- A newsletter produced to print quality was being delivered over the Intranet in a PDF which could not be easily read from screen.
- Articles were required to be submitted by senior staff and were very heavily edited to fit a very small section of the PDF newsletter, without a review process.
- Non-managerial staff could not submit articles.
- Trust in news quality was low.
- Process of producing news was not trusted.
- Collaboration with Head of Marketing, Editor, Head of Information Services and Software Developer.
- User interviews (online and face to face) to gather requirements from across the company
- User testing to refine interface designs
- Phased replacement of PDF newsletter with an online publishing and delivery medium which formed the central part of the new company Intranet.
- Created editorial process and group and took part in editorial cycle, writing and editing articles.
- Wrote articles and guidelines on writing for the web.
- We produced a newsletter which all staff could contribute to and they did so willingly and eagerly.
- Changed the company culture, promoted knowledge sharing and communication.