AQA website re-design in 2012
- Re-develop the AQA website including: a new IA and visual design; new CMS and taxonomy and new in-house production and management regarding content authoring and web page production processes.
- The old AQA site had a confusing Information Architecture (IA). Teachers needed to use the website to access the syllabus, known as a subject specification, in order to plan the year’s tuition but were unsure if they had the correct version. AQA received many requests from teachers for information which was available on the website but difficult to find.
- Subject specifications were in PDF format. Searching for them was difficult because their content was not indexed.
- The visual design was out of date.
- A move to a new CMS required a new editorial process, content strategy and taxonomy.