Some example projects.
Jane Toms Alexander Technique
This was a partnership project to assist Jane Toms, an Alexander Technique teacher based in Solihull with her core proposition and a customised website theme which aligns with it.
Website for Tracy Nadell, McTimmoney Chiropractor, Visceral Manipulation and Cranio-sacral practitioner. The website is based on the Wix platform. I did the following: Modified the layout Customised graphics Modified the text Customised the mobile view Connected the account to the…
Design and build a new Company Intranet 2004-07
DRS Data & Research Services Intranet
- Company Intranet content was out of date and therefore not used.
- Information was organised in a way which reflected historic responsibilities. If you didn’t know the history of company and its changes it was difficult to find information.
- It was not easy to update content.
- The design and layout were different for each department’s section giving a disjointed user experience.
- The company’s Staff Handbook was print-only and updates had to be printed and circulated to all staff.
- Company news was not fully integrated with the intranet and internal communication was negatively affected.
Student Loans Company
Application process for loans for full-time study 2012-13 Re-design the online application for a student loan for a full-time course. Old online application was very confusing and time consuming to complete. In tests people took up to 2 hours to complete…
Open University content authoring tool
Content Authoring Tool for e-learning course authors and publishers 2010 A department of The Open University was producing bespoke e-learning courses for businesses. There were inefficiencies in the course production process which led to courses taking longer than estimated to produce…
DRS, Data and Research Services internal online company news
Online internal newsletter 2004-05 Challenges Internal news was not shared effectively so staff did not know what was current in the company. A newsletter produced to print quality was being delivered over the Intranet in a PDF which could not…
Assessment and Qualifications Alliance
AQA website re-design in 2012
- Re-develop the AQA website including: a new IA and visual design; new CMS and taxonomy and new in-house production and management regarding content authoring and web page production processes.
- The old AQA site had a confusing Information Architecture (IA). Teachers needed to use the website to access the syllabus, known as a subject specification, in order to plan the year’s tuition but were unsure if they had the correct version. AQA received many requests from teachers for information which was available on the website but difficult to find.
- Subject specifications were in PDF format. Searching for them was difficult because their content was not indexed.
- The visual design was out of date.
- A move to a new CMS required a new editorial process, content strategy and taxonomy.